Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Can v.s. Can’t

Henry Ford often said, “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you're right”. How can you be right with two opposite statements? Henry’s statement defies logic. You can be when it’s a state of mind that affects your reality. As stated in a previous post, what you believe is your reality. If you think you can get the job of your dreams you will get it if you pursue it. However, if you think you can’t get the job of your dreams you will never try and never get it. Why do I keep posting even when no one is reading them? Because I think I can eventually get the audience that I want to read my posts. I once had the opportunity to do three weeks of intensive military training even though I was a civilian. I had to drop 40 lbs in three months to be in the shape I needed to be in order to go. I told my boss if he signed off on it, I would get into shape and he believed in me so I got the ok. I trained hard. I rode my bike to work every day 12 miles one way. I went to the gym 5 days a week and got on the elliptical. I started doing PT with the Airmen that I worked with. I got on a healthy diet. By the time the three months was up I was riding my bike up to 75 miles a time on the weekends. I was running 5k marathons and coming in the top three for my age group. And I dropped the 40 lbs needed to do the training. I had an I can attitude. Can’t was not in my vocabulary. Now 12 years later I had gained back 50 lbs. I lose breath going up a single flight of stars. I started not doing projects around the house. However, as I’ve posted before that has all changed. I’m eating right, I’m exercising, and I’m losing weight. The thing that keeps me going is knowing that I did it before. So I can do it again. This time I have good reasons to keep it off so I know I can do that as well. So don’t ever think you can’t do something or you will be right. Believe in yourself and always say you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment