Saturday, May 7, 2022

Not Quite Perfect

In the book Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins, he talks about times when he gets angry or frustrated. He does talk about ways to get over those feelings, but it goes to show that even he is not perfect. He doesn’t have to be. As much as motivational speakers try, their lives are not impervious to emotions. Human emotions are a part of life, we can’t avoid them. So unless you are a holy man striving to live up to the expectations of your religion, then it’s ok to be a human. I am far from perfect, I also get angry, upset, and have bad moods. I try not to allow them to affect me, however it can be difficult to practice what you preach. My wife sometimes points out to me that I’m not being the person I want to be. I try to recognize my mood and adjust it with the techniques I’ve read and written about. What I’m getting at is that it’s ok for you to be human and experience emotions. They are necessary for our well being. You just have to be careful that you don’t let your negative emotions rule your life. Don’t let them get away from you and ruin your day. So don’t feel guilty that you get upset, or angry or sad. It’s a part of life. Just try not to let it affect your relationships or your life to the point where it can be harmful. We are not perfect, life happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment