Saturday, May 7, 2022

Don’t Hold Back the Tears

I will admit that I cry a lot. I don’t act all macho and like a man, I let the tears come out. I cry at happy occasions as well as sad occasions. I know I’ll be a blubbering mess at my kids' graduations and weddings. It’s something that is totally out of my control. Sometimes my wife will look at me and ask If I’m about to cry. She has a sixth sense for these things. Often I have a hard time telling a story because I’ll get choked up over it. I don’t know if it is because I have bipolar disorder or if I’m really in touch with my feelings. It’s a hindrance at times when I really need it not to be. Imagine trying to tell your boss a story where something joyous happened in your life and you start to cry over it. What I do know is that if I don’t allow myself to cry, I get all built up inside with emotions. It feels like I’ll explode. I feel as though it is unhealthy to hold back the tears. My recommendation to anyone who is like me, is to not hold back. Let the tears flow. You will feel so much better when you let them out. So if you are like me and you get all teary eyed watching American Idol, let the waterworks flow. You’ll feel better, it’s just showing that you are a compassionate person. I have a hard time feeling like this is a good post. Not all of them will be great. But I keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment