Saturday, May 7, 2022

Calm Your Nerves

I once was faced with a very hard final in Artificial Intelligence. It may have been the hardest test that I will ever take. I was a bundle of nerves. I can’t say this was the wisest of moves but a few of my classmates and I went to a bar just before the test and downed three pints of beer each. Needless to say I felt great by the time I got to the test. I may have been a little buzzed, but I was calm. I was so calm that I felt like nothing mattered. I took the test and my brian just seemed to flow. It seemed to be one of the easiest tests that I’ve ever taken. I ended up passing the test with flying colors. Now I’m not recommending getting drunk before every test you have to take. Especially a sobriety test, LOL! What I am recommending is that you never let yourself get all worked up. I learned a valuable lesson that day. I learned how if I just kept myself calm I would do much better on a test than if I let myself stress out over it. I continued my education on for many years after that and succeeded at all the tests I took because I was calm. Not only that, I began the beginning of each class calm as well. Instead of stressing out over how hard the class was I just let it happen. I found my brain much more receptive to learning when I was cool and calm. I felt as though my brain were a sponge soaking up knowledge. To this day whenever I read to learn something I relax my brain and let the knowledge sink in. I’m able to retain more information that way at a fast pace. Those few fateful beers opened my brain up to a new way of learning and thinking. So if you ever find yourself in a situation where you are stressed to take a test. Don’t think about the test, think about what is calming to you. If that doesn’t work then have a few beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment