Wednesday, May 4, 2022

The Seeds of Doubt

In the book Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins, he talks about challenging your opinions, beliefs, and convictions. It was just a coincidence that recently I have started to challenge my beliefs. I was raised kind of like an evangelical christian. Around college I became an atheist. However, I’ve been a Buddhist for the last 11 years. I thought I had it all figured out. But recently I’ve had the seeds of doubt creep in. It’s not been one thing that did it, but a series of readings that have challenged the way I think. I have been reading a lot of these self help/motivational books and many of them talk about things like God, the Universe, or the Source Energy. Whatever you want to call it. These books talk about vibrations, the laws of attraction, and manifesting what you want. These concepts are new to me and I have to admit they seemed wishy washy. But I am opening up my mind to the concept. I can’t say that I am manifesting whatever I want out of thin air. But the concept of manifesting is meditating on something and causing yourself to become magnetic to it. For example if you meditate on money in a certain way you are setting yourself up to get money. Now being a Buddhist I truly believe in the power of meditation, I get it. So I haven’t been meditating the same way that the books say to, but I have been thinking/meditating about money a lot. I have to say ever since I’ve started thinking about attracting money, it’s been falling into my lap. I can’t say that it’s just coincidence, can I? I literally did nothing to earn this money. It makes me wonder what else I can work on attracting. Can I attract readers to this blog? Can I attract speaking engagements? It can’t hurt to try. Now I’m not going to leave it up to the Universe to bring these things my way. I am going to work hard at getting those things. But maybe, just maybe, things will start falling in place for me. I can say that if things start to fall into place for me, I’m definitely going to rethink my concept of a higher power helping me out. I won’t stop believing in reincarnation but I might think there is a guiding hand that you can love and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment