Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Practice More Than Everyone Else

I’ve been reading Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins, and something he explained made perfect sense to me. He said that while other people in his trade would speak 48 times a year, he would speak three times a day. That way he would accumulate a decade’s worth of experience in one year. When others thought he was a natural at it, he would try to explain that he was a natural due to hard work. This got me thinking. When I read other peoples blogs they are writing on average about once a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but never more than once a day. I have been writing five to twelve posts a day. I’m compacting experience so that I can grow faster. I want to improve my writing skills to the point where I could easily write a book. I also want to develop those motivational skills by coming up with new content and new ideas every day. Tony says, “Mastery takes as long as you want it to take.” Those words sink in for me. You can’t measure progress by a time schedule, but rather an experience schedule. How many times can you practice your craft with intent? Can you only do it five minutes a day? An hour a day? Or can you dedicate several hours a day as you have seen so many prodigies do. Yes you get the rare savants or geniuses who can pick up a violin and start playing it with ease. But those people are few and far between. The prodigies practice for hours a day, not because they have to, but because they want to. I get up early each morning now and start writing until it is time to start my job. I would say go to work, but I work remotely so I don’t really go anywhere, LOL! Then when I get off of work I start to read motivational/self help books every spare moment that I can until it’s time to go to bed. I take notes as I read about ideas that I’d like to write about in my next day's posts. So in summary, if you want to chase your dreams you need to put in the work. You have to be committed and unwavering in your resolve. If you have to wake up early or stay up late to squeeze the time in, then so be it. You need to make sacrifices sometimes to get what you want. If you keep trying I know you’ll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment