Saturday, May 7, 2022

I’m Great!

Whenever I get a text or a message from someone and they ask me how I’m doing I usually say I’m great, or fantastic, or some other really excited emotion. I do this on purpose no matter how I feel, because it shakes me out of any negative mood that I might be in. It’s not pretending to be great, it’s forcing myself to be great. It’s choosing what I want my emotion to be. I want the other person sending me a message to know that I’m feeling wonderful and that I’m happy to hear from them. Now a text from my wife is a different story. She truly wants to know how I feel so that she can be supportive. I allow myself to be in whatever mood I’m in with her because that’s how a loving relationship should be. We shouldn’t hide ourselves from our partners. I’m not saying that I’m lying when I say I’m great. As soon as I respond with it I really do feel great, and I hope that I’m lifting up the spirits of the other person as well. It’s important to me that I’m not a downer with most people. I want to drag others with me to happiness, even if they are kicking and screaming. So when asked “how are you?” try to lift your spirits up for the other person. Make them feel welcomed to have reached out to you. Hearing from someone usually indicates that they care about you and want to hear from you. Just be prepared to receive any emotion they send back positively. Unfortunately not everyone can be as cheerful as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment