Friday, April 29, 2022

The Difference Between Busy and Successful

I hate to say it, just because you are busy doesn’t mean you are successful. Yes lots of successful people are busy, but it doesn’t always go the other way around. You could be busy running around and spinning your tires to get some traction but you still won’t be successful. In order to truly be successful you need to master time. I know that during hockey season I get very busy as a coach for my son’s team. We are on the ice practicing two to three nights a week and at games both days of the weekend. My time seems to get away from me. However, I would say I’m far from successful during those times. I need to learn how to manage my time better to be successful. Now to continue how busy I think I am, I started tracking how much sleep I was getting. I was sleeping at least ten hours a night. I was not the average sleeper. I realized in order to get more time in my life I needed to get up two hours earlier. In both cases I was filling my life up with busy and (cough cough) sleeping. So I needed to figure out where I was going to get the time from to be successful. Well with the sleeping it wasn’t that hard, just shave two hours off my sleep. But what about hockey? I was driving an average round trip to the rink two hours per practice. It was probably an average of three hours for a game. I had to learn to make the most of my time. If I want to be a motivational speaker I have to find ways to learn about being motivated. During the morning hours that I gained I would read my self help/motivational books. During the long drives I would listen to podcasts on the same subject. During my workouts I would also listen to podcasts or ted talks on tv. I have to squeeze every valuable minute I can to get to where I want to go. If you are curious about where I get so many subjects to post on, it’s during those valuable times. I will read something or hear something that sparks an idea and I take a note on my phone. Then at night after work I sit down and write them out. So I’m working toward my goal to be successful while I’m busy. I just have to remember to celebrate my small successes along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment