Friday, April 29, 2022

Finding Joy

I have read The Book of Joy by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Douglas Abrams. It is one of my all time favorite books. Whenever someone needs a gift recommendation, this is my go to gift. It’s not a book on religion, it’s a book about how to bring joy to your life. The banter between the two old friends the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu is wonderful. They each bring their own unique take on what joy is and how to get it. I’ll break it down into one simple paragraph. This is from the book and not my interpretation. Joy is something that is different from happiness. Happiness can be brought to you by many different things such as getting a new car, going on vacation, etc. But joy is harder to obtain. However, if you want to bring joy into your life you simply need to do things for other people. That feeling of helping and doing things for people is pure joy. So that’s it in a nutshell. I don’t have anything more to add to that since it is perfect as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment