Thursday, April 28, 2022

Getting Comfortable With Money

Do you feel like you want more money but are uncomfortable with the thought of how people will treat you if you had it? Do you feel like those with money are snobs? Do you feel like people with money look down upon you for not having it as if there was something wrong with you? Well I’m here to tell you that it is ok to want more money. We all could use more money. However, we need to stop and become comfortable with the fact that you want or need more money. You are not being greedy! You are just trying to be secure in your life financially. How did your parents treat money? Did they have a lot of it? Did they spend it unwisely? Did they provide a comfortable life for you? We often learn our attitudes toward money from our parents. This is not my idea, this comes from multiple sources that I have read. I’m just expanding upon it. If your parents didn’t have money and they constantly said in a sarcastic voice, “Must be nice to have a pool.” Or something along those lines, you will start to think that having a pool means you are rich and that you shouldn’t have one. I used to feel the same way, especially when I got a pool. It took me a long time to get over the fact that I worked hard to get an education and a job that allowed me to get a pool. It’s not like I am greedy and never invite my friends and family over to swim. I share what I have. It’s not flaunting your money or bragging about what you have to simply enjoy your pool with those who don’t have one. The point I’m making is that everyone deserves to have money. As long as you are getting it honestly you should be proud that you have it. You don’t have to keep it all to yourself either. You could donate to charity, or help out your family. Money can give you the ability to do good with your life and with the lives of others. It allows you to spend time with your family doing the things you want and help raise your family comfortably. You just need to see all the positive things that money can do for you and break the cycle of thinking you don’t deserve it. You deserve every penny you earn even if it does add up to a lot of pennies. Money doesn’t necessarily have to change you or your values. So don’t think of money as a negative thing in your life and see the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment