Friday, April 22, 2022

A New Journey!

Since this is my first post to my blog I thought I might talk about my journey to get here and where I want to go. I can’t tell you how many years ago I did this but I started blogging. I didn’t have any direction or theme to my blog and it never really took off. Even my email address has the word blog in it. As years went by I would occasionally post on my blog, but nothing I was really happy with. In June of 2021 I finally registered the domain name for my blog. However, I still didn’t do anything with it. I procrastinated for months. It has now been 10 months and I’m finally getting around to my first post. Now for what motivated me. Four weeks ago I joined WW (formally Weight Watchers). I found that WW has their own social media called Connect. Now I haven’t really had anything to do with social media since 2017 so I started to use it. It was a very supportive community. I noticed others posting videos of their journeys and thought hey, I can do that. So I started posting motivational videos that will help get people in the mindset to improve. This led to me reading several self help/motivational books, which then led to more. I started sharing what I learned in the videos and giving reviews of the books. The response from other people on Connect was overwhelming! I was on to something. That’s when I read the book “You are a Badass” by Jen Sincero. That opened my eyes to my potential. I realized I now had a direction for my blog! I wanted to help people and eventually become a motivational speaker and author. I immediately started signing up for social media, and working on my blog. That brings us to this post. I want you all to know that I’m going to be spending a lot of time building up content on all of my social media. We will change our lives together. I hope you all enjoy what I have to say, and I hope to improve as time goes on. The key to remember is that you don’t have to wait for perfection. Just doing something even if it’s not perfect will get you to where you want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment