Saturday, April 23, 2022

The Legend of Ronny P. Mustard

One time a long while ago I was in Florida with some co-workers. We ate at a bar that had walls covered in dollar bills stapled to them. For some reason I started joking around that I had an alter ego named Ronny P. Mustard motivational speaker. Oh the irony, LOL! Anyway I came up with a bunch of sayings that were to motivate people. One was “It doesn’t matter whether the glass is full empty or half empty, it’s what’s inside that counts.” I don’t know if I made that up or heard it somewhere but it sounded cool. So for the rest of the night my co-workers called me Ronny P. Mustard. I even signed a dollar bill with that name and stapled it to the wall. The next day we went golfing. Now I am not a great golfer. But that day the Ronny P. Mustard motivational speaker was still getting laughs. So I kept saying that Ronny plays golf with a positive attitude and believes he can do it. To my surprise I had the best 9 holes of my life! I was 15 under my best score ever to that point. The only thing I can attribute it to was Ronny’s attitude toward golf and being positive. I haven’t played a round of golf in many years but I am curious as to how well old Ronny would do if he made a comeback. I know that if Rob Grant ever played golf again I would take all that I have learned through the power of positive thinking and apply it to my game. If anything Ronny gave me a new insight to life and how things can go your way if you just think positively. I’m taking that approach to my quest to become a real motivational speaker. I believe that if I read enough books and write enough on the subject, that someday I will stand before an audience or write that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment