Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Keep Doing It

This post is more about me with a hint of motivation for you. If you want to succeed at your dreams you need to keep doing it, even when no one is looking. For example, I want to be a motivational speaker. I know that part of the process is writing this blog. The more posts on motivation I write the easier it will be to come up with topics to talk about. I also will become better at writing for that book deal I’d eventually want to get, LOL! So I chip away at that stone and continually improve my talents. Even if no one is reading my blog I need to continue to write for it. I will not magically get that speaking engagement, or that book deal unless I practice practice practice. This also includes working on my public speaking. This will come in the form of videos and podcasts. So how can this advice help you? As an example, if you dream of getting a new job, you need to continually write those customized cover letters for your resume and send them out. What I mean by a custom cover letter is that for each company you need to write a cover letter that caters to the company you want. Explain why you want to work for that company and what you can bring to the table for that company. They may never look at your resume or cover letter, but with each one you write you’ll become better at it. Eventually someone will read it and hire you for your dream job. So keep doing it! I know I will be and I will eventually reach my dreams. Good luck in whatever you want to keep doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment