Saturday, April 30, 2022

Say Thank You, Have a Nice Day

I always, and I mean always, say thank you and have a nice day with a smile to people who have done something for me, such as a cashier, or a receptionist at the dentist. I believe having a positive attitude is contagious even to people you don’t know. It’s important to spread as much positivity as you possibly can. When I’m on the phone with someone who is trying to help me, I’m pleasant and calm. No matter what the outcome is of the phone call I make sure the person on the other end knows that I have appreciated them. Now I’m not trying to brag, I’m just trying to lead by example. I have noticed my son doing it as well. I’m very proud of him for that. Why is this so important to me? Being positive even in the face of negativity is what will make you succeed in life. I just read the book The Energy Bus by Jon Gorden, where he talks a lot about the power of being positive. It resonated with me so much that I had to share with you my outlook on being positive. When you are positive all the time the neural paths in your brain start to form making it easier to be more positive all the time. It weakens the pathways that lead to negative emotions. That’s why the more you are positive the easier it gets. There is a lot more to say about being positive, however I tend to have short posts. I’m sure I’ll talk about this subject in many more posts to come as I learn how to express myself more. So, live a positive life, it’s much better than the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment