Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Your Decisions Are Formed By Your Habits

You are the accumulation of all the decisions you have made in your life. From your choices in food, to how you spend your money, and even what time you go to bed at night. Every decision shapes you. That being said, often your decisions become automatic which are formed from habits. For example, it is my decision to go to bed around 10pm every night. However, this is based on a habit that I have formed. I don’t even have to think about it. 10pm comes around and I go to bed automatically. Another example is how I manage my money. It used to be my decision to buy junk food from my favorite gas station every time I went there. Well this too was a decision that formed based on my habit. It too also became automatic. When you think about it, you will find that all of your automatic decisions are based on some habit. That’s how our brains work. They try to form habits so that we don’t have to spend too much time thinking about our choices. So why is this important? It’s important because sometimes we need to make different decisions. We need to break the habits. For example, when we stress eat, it has become a habit. We need to consciously decide not to follow habits and find something else to do when we are stressed. It is important that we recognize when our decisions to do something are a habit or not. We need to know if the habit is healthy or bad. In order to change we need to break bad habits and make the right decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment