Saturday, April 23, 2022

Just Do It!

There is something to be said for that old Nike motto “Just do it,” that resonates with me. I am not the person who came up with the following idea, I’m just paraphrasing it from multiple authors. They all say the same thing. Don’t wait until everything is perfect, just start doing it and perfection will come. There is an old saying that goes like this. “Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.” The reason why people become perfect at something is because they practice it over and over again. It has been said that you need to do something 10,000 hours to master it. However, everyone starts out not doing so hot at first. For example, I might not be the best motivational speaker or writer at first, but I’m going to keep doing it until I become a master. I am not afraid to fail or look bad along the way. I’m not waiting for every post to be perfect. I’m going to throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks. Everyone should stop planning to do what they want and just do it. You’ll eventually start to look like you know what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment