Thursday, May 19, 2022

Practicing The Problem Or The Solution

In the book Chasing Cupcakes by Elizabeth Benton she explains that many of us are practicing the problem and not practicing the solution. What she means is that we are always focusing on the problem and not focusing on the solution. It is time to move beyond thinking about the problem and start thinking about the solution. As an example I would spend a lot of time thinking about a problem I have at work. I would worry myself sick about not knowing what I need to know to get the job done. I was practicing the problem. What I need to do is stop worrying about it and get to solving the problem. If I just stopped wasting my energy on worrying and started doing something about it, I would be better off. You may be focusing on how much weight you need to lose and think that it’s too much. That the task is too great. That you never stick to a diet. You are practicing the problem. You should be working on the solution. You will never get anywhere just by thinking about the problem. So what are you going to focus on from now on? The problem or the solution?

No comments:

Post a Comment