Friday, May 13, 2022

I Can Do That

I was watching the painter in my kitchen paint the trim along the floor. He was perfect in his painting, not a smudge on the floor. I told him I can’t do that. Then I started thinking of how I say I couldn’t be a social worker, because I would get too emotionally invested. The other day it hit me. I should never say I can’t do that. I can do anything if I put my mind to it. If it takes practice, so be it. I shouldn’t think of it in terms of I can’t. I am the one telling people and myself to chase dreams. Can’t shouldn’t be in our vocabulary. It’s interesting how easily we can dismiss ourselves and think something isn’t possible. The reality is that we are capable of doing anything. So from now on, I will remind myself that I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment