Friday, May 13, 2022

Know Your Audience

When I first started to talk about motivation it was in videos I would post on WW (formally Weight Watchers) social media Connect. I would post tips on losing weight and how to change your mindset to help lose weight. I got a lot of positive feedback in the comments for this. I thought that I would start working on this blog and post more general motivational ideas. However, I started to post less about weight loss and more about positive thinking on the Connect app. I slowly started seeing a decline in comments on my videos. I didn’t realize it but I lost touch with my audience. I wasn’t telling them what they wanted to hear. My wife pointed this out to me the other day, saying that I had changed my style of posts. I can always count on my wife to point out things like that to me. I realized I have to get back to my roots on the Connect app and start talking about weight loss again. The key takeaway from this is that you need to know your audience. Don’t do things just because you want to, but do things that your audience wants. They might not be interested in all the things that you are. Spend a little time and notice what kind of feedback you are getting. This is a valuable lesson I needed to learn as I move forward with my motivational speaking. So pay attention and make sure that if you are writing, vlogging, or speaking in front of an audience that you know what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment