Thursday, May 19, 2022

Learning vs Practice

Don’t get stuck in a pattern where you spend all your time learning about what you want to do. Make sure you put what you learn into practice. It is important to keep yourself learning, we never want to grow stale, however you will engrain it in your brian more if you put it to practice. For example I’m reading like a mad man about self help and motivation. I am truly learning in this area. However, I’m not practicing it as much as I should. What I mean by practice is I’m not spending enough time doing the exercises in the books that will lead to a better outcome for me. I’m simply reading to read at this point. I know that the exercises will take up a lot of my time but I need to do it. A lot of them involve writing down answers to questions. Making goals and plans on how to get there. I shouldn’t feel the need to move onto the next book so quickly. So I’m going to take my own advice and do all the exercises and completely take advantage of these books. I will begin to practice what I learn so that it will sink in and I can better help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment