Thursday, May 19, 2022

Not Having Control or Not Taking Control

I’ve heard from several sources that there is a difference between not having control and not taking control. To not have control means that there are external factors preventing you from doing something. Taking control is actively choosing to do something. When you are trying to lose weight you may think you have no control over your appetite, over your surroundings, over your exercise. This simply isn’t true! All of those things are within your control. You have to stop blaming everything on something else and start taking accountability for your actions. For me the turning point was when I decided to become a motivational speaker. I didn’t worry about what wasn’t in my control because all of it was within my control. How much I read, write, speak, and learn were all things I was in control of. I simply needed to take that control. It requires effort on my part but when I put the effort in I will succeed. Whenever you feel like life is out of control, take a moment and look at what is in your control. Soon you will realize that pretty much everything is in your control. When you realize this you will learn that you can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment